Category Archives: Article Marketing
Article marketing is a form of advertising whereby you write informative articles and submit them to various places on the internet. Article directories, blogs, and ezine publishers are a just a few places to submit your articles.
Article marketing has actually been used long before the internet arrived. But, as with many forms of marketing, the internet has expanded the possibilities of article marketing to help make it a much more powerful tool in your advertising arsenal.
The main goal of your article marketing campaign should be to attract people, connect with people and get them to visit your site.
If you execute any or all of the following, you more than likely will kill your marketing campaign without accomplishing those goals.
1. Using Your Article to Sell – The purpose of writing an article is not to make a sale. The purpose of your article is to provide helpful information, get people’s attention and attract them to your site. Do not try to sell directly from your article. This will completely discourage people from taking a look at you or your website.
2. Not Following Guidelines When Submitting – When submitting your article to blogs, directories and other business owners, always read and follow their submission rules and guidelines. Some people will want a certain amount of words, some might want a certain format, etc. Always respect what they want and provide it for them.
3. Not Focusing on Your Readers’ Needs – You are writing this article for other people so be sure to focus on information and resources they might need. Do not focus on what you need from this article. Have you ever read an article that was loaded with fluff (a lot of words but no real information)? I know I have so be sure not to fluff up your article with useless dribble. Put yourself in your reader’s shoes and provide information that can actually be utilized.
4. Not Writing an Effective Resource Box – Your resource box is the one part of the article where you can promote yourself and your business. Use this space wisely. Try to offer something free in your resource box along with a simple and fast call to action. Write your resource box in third person, not as yourself.
John Smith is an expert in SEO and website promotion. To get instant information on how to quickly improve your search engine ranking, visit www.JohnsSEOAdvice.com
5. Not Using Relevant Keywords – Using relevant keywords throughout your article will greatly increase the chances of your article being read by more people. Be sure to do some keyword research and use the most sought after search terms for your subject matter. Be sure to use relevant keywords in your title as well. Do not oversaturate your article with keywords. The general guideline is 2-3 keywords per 500 word article.
6. Your Article is Too Long or Too Short –EzineArticles.com, one of the top article directories, states that articles between 400 and 700 words will perform better in the way of reader views, click-throughs and syndication. But again, be sure to read the submission sites’ guidelines as to what they want in the way of length. If your articles are too long, people will just stop reading because of lack of time or just plain boredom. You want to pack more info in a shorter length of article for more response.
7. Using Bad Grammar – Bad grammar will make you seem unprofessional which will cause people to doubt and distrust you. Always write professionally and use correct grammar and spelling! This one should definitely be a given but I am always amazed by the large number of people who claim to be professionals but use kindergarten level grammar.
8. Not Building Relationships through Your Articles – One of the biggest ways to build your online business is by building relationships with people thereby gaining trust and respect. You can do this through your articles as well. Write your article as if you were talking directly to your readers. Be courteous, helpful and respectful. Show them that you sincerely want to help them by providing quality information and instruction. Do not come off as a know-it-all or braggart with your writing.
9. Not Proofreading Your Article – Always proofread your articles and blog posts. To make sure you do not miss anything, have a friend or family member read it for you. This will increase your chances of finding any errors. Unfortunately, I have, on occasion, forgotten to proofread my articles so I now have a family member read each and every one of my articles to ensure this does not happen.
10. Not Keeping it Simple – Unfortunately many people feel they have to use big words and try to write on a genius level for their article to be successful. This is definitely not true. You actually want to keep your article very straight-forward and basic. You are trying to relate to and connect with your readers, not pass a college exam.
Article marketing can do a lot for your online business. Don’t feel that you have to have a degree in literature to write a proficient article. Just share your knowledge like you would with a friend and people will respond to your helpful, sincere tone. Boost your traffic, sales and success with this basic, but powerful marketing technique!
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has over 15 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site for free articles, resources, information, resell ebook business opportunity and more. Subscribe to the RSS Feed for her free business building ebook with MRR. http://www.SeymourProducts.com
How many times has your competitor gotten one over on you? The feeling of being left behind just eats away, until you do something about. The problem is that we often feel that we’ve got to come up with some grand plan in order to get our business skyrocketing again. Don’t be fooled! Getting back on top of the market isn’t as tough as it seems with these high-impact, easy-to-use fixes.
1. The Magic Number – 1
Implement a “advertise 1 item at a time” motto for your advertising strategy. Does that mean you can’t SELL more than one item at a time? No… but wait until AFTER the sale.
When a customer sees more than one of a product offered at unbelievably low prices, he’s confused. Which one is the better deal? Which one does he prefer? These questions encourage procrastination – one of marketing’s greatest thieves. Instead, offer the consumer a product that compliments his purchase in a nearby display… or even at the register. You’ll make extra profits instead of losing a sale.
2. Outsmart Your Competitors
Your competition is looking for you in all of the usual places. Don’t go there. Quietly look for new methods of advertising and new markets to target.
Niche markets provide the perfect sneak tactic for reaching new clients. Here’s they key… sub-divide your current market into smaller, more specific niche markets. Familiarize yourself with the needs and concerns of the niche, then present yourself as the pro in their corner. Leave your competition in the dust with the intensity of new prospects that will come your way.
Modernize an old marketing technique that still carries a wallop – postcards. Yeah, these small, inexpensive marketing tools still carry a personal message that is quick and easy to read, but with new high-impact colors and designs that capture the attention of readers. Your competition won’t even know that you’re using them!
3. Encourage Communication
Communication is crucial to understanding your consumers. Encourage questions before the sale, during the sale and after the sale. Make it easy and comfortable.
Provide convenient contact information on all of your sales materials, including Websites. If you find yourself overloaded with questions, create a frequently asked question page where clients can get the answers they need without claiming as much of your time.
Confused customers, tough competitors and communication mishaps won’t steal profits from your account when you fix things up with the 3 quick tips.
Executing a consistent marketing strategy of writing and submitting articles can result in a boost for your reputation and online business. But coming up with fresh, relevant subject matter is not always easy. Fortunately there are many easy ways for you to discover new ideas for your content marketing campaign.
1. Blogs – Visit popular blogs that touch on your niche. Read the content and comments and see what people are saying. What questions are people asking about the content already supplied? Can you expand on what is there or write more in-depth articles on the subject? Is anyone asking for information on a certain subject that is not available? These are all things to look for when contemplating your next article idea.
2. Message Boards – With the social site explosion, message boards may not be as popular as they once were but they can still be a good place to find content ideas. Visit each category and see what people are talking about. Ask questions yourself to get more of an idea of what people are looking for. For example: If your niche is gardening, you could ask the board members what type of information is hardest to find on gardening. Get an idea of what people need and have a hard time finding.
3. Social Sites – These days social sites are where most of the action is so follow the trends. Look for voids that a good article could fill. Become involved with social groups and discussions. This will not only help you with your content marketing but with your business as well.
4. Internet News Sites – Keeping up with internet news sites is important for your business, not only for writing articles but for keeping abreast of new developments, ideas, and technology in your field. Research and write your articles to keep your readers and visitors informed as well.
5. Focus on Your Email – Carefully read all email inquiries you get. What are people asking you about your business? Keep records of all the questions asked and use them for your content marketing.
6. Article Directories – By reading other articles, maybe you can come up with an unusual twist or angle for an overused idea. It sometimes helps to get different views and insights on the same old subject. NOTE: Never copy information or content from other sites, blogs or articles.
7. Subscribe to Ezines – Ezines can be a goldmine of information, ideas and more. You can keep up to date on the latest products, programs, biz opps, etc. Some of this information can be used to create an informative article.
8. Do a Survey – Ask your visitors, readers, and customers to answer a couple of questions. Offer them a free gift in return.
For example: What questions do you have about…? What resources do you need and cannot find? What is your number one concern about….? Of course, these questions would target your specific niche so you can zero in on what people are looking for.
9. Ask Yourself – Ask yourself what information you would be looking for. When you look for articles to read, what subjects do you search for? As a reader yourself, you can answer your own questions.
10. Open Mind – Always keep an open mind when it comes to subject matter for your content. I always used to tell myself, people won’t want to know about that or how to do this. Don’t fall into that trap! People want to learn about everything. We are always looking for new information, tips, ideas and resources.
Always carry a small notepad so anytime anything inspires an idea within you, you can write it down and use it when the time comes. Many people get ideas in the shower or lying in bed at night. These are not the best times so have a pad and pen handy!
And remember, people want basic, straight forward helpful information. You don’t need to use big words, fancy storylines or over dramatization. Just be honest and helpful.
Also, be sure to give your articles a little of your personality, humor (if appropriate) and heart. Write as if you were just chatting with an old friend.
Articles can be one of the most powerful online marketing methods so don’t let a little doubt stop you from making this big step towards success!
About the Author:
Don’t be one of the 95% of people who fail at their online business. Terri Seymour can help you make money online. Find out how to increase your traffic and sales with her popular “How to Build Your Online Business” ebook for FREE at: ==> http://www.SeymourProducts.com