Tag Archives: visual marketing
An infographic is a collection of data or information put into a visual graphic image for quicker understanding and more effective retention. Visual marketing has been proven to be many more times effective than text.
According to 3M Corporation and Zabisco, 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text. The internet has taken visual marketing to the next level and infographics are becoming a major part of that growth.
There are many benefits to using infographics in your marketing and on your website.
1. Provide Facts and Figures – People love reading facts, numbers, statistics and other such data. Infographics can provide this information in a structured appealing way. Infographics are much more visually attractive than text which can increase interest which will give your site or blog more drawing power.
2. More Engagement – Visual graphics and images increase engagement. Using infographics on your blog could raise the level of visitor engagement by a very substantial amount.
3. Backlinks – Infographics can be a very effective way of building your backlinks. Encourage people to share your infographics with their visitors and provide a link back to your site. With more backlinks to your credit, your site will get better ranking and more traffic.
4. Easier to Understand – Besides infographics being visually appealing they are easier to understand than text data. The human brain can process and remember visual information better than text. This will certainly bring people back to your site for more information.
5. More Chance of Going Viral – By using infographics and giving your visitors attractive, visually compelling information, you are increasing your chances of your infographic going viral. Once it goes viral, the sky is the limit for your business.
6. Infographics are Being Searched – The searches for infographics have increased by more than 800% in just two years. Adding infographics to your marketing arsenal will get your website or blog included in that increase of traffic.
7. Social Media – Infographics are also on the rise in social media and by combining the forces of infographics and social media, who knows how far your business could go. Social media is a fast-paced platform and using infographics will keep you moving with the best of them. All the information is right there. There is no clicking to get here or there, nothing to sign up for or add time to your readers’ visit. People love having it all right now and providing them with informative infographics will do just that.
8. Make Them Yourself – Although infographics appear to be graphically complicated and expertly made, you can easily make them yourself and save a lot of money. There are sites such as infogr.am where you can design and produce your own infographics for free. Infographicsarchive.com shows you numerous free tools for making effective infographics. You will find many more resources for making your own infographics and taking much of the strain off of your marketing and advertising budget.
9. Build Your Reputation – Infographics will help you build a reputation as a person/website that offers attractive and easy to understand information and data. The word will spread and your website or blog will jump up in the rankings and get much more traffic.
10. Reach Target Market – Who do you want to be your target market? Who would be interested in the information you have to give? By using infographics, you can zero in on the information you want to provide and capture the attention of your target market. This, in turn, will increase your sales and income.
Although the wide-spread use of infographics is a fairly recent phenomenon, there is a reason for the immense popularity. Infographics can offer you an abounding amount of ways for your business to stay ahead of the competition. If you are looking to grow your business and make it more prominent, then infographics will surely help you and pave the road to success.
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has over 15 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site for free articles, resources, information, resell ebook business opportunity and more. Subscribe to the RSS Feed for her free business building ebook with MRR. http://www.SeymourProducts.com
Visual marketing is the use of images, colors, video, signs and symbols to get potential customers to become attracted to your products and/or services. Studies by the 3M Corporation have shown that we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. Thus, using visual marketing will communicate your message to your potential customers much faster and far more efficiently than using plain text.
You see visual marketing all around. T-Shirts, billboards, delivery trucks, buildings, etc., are all examples of visual marketing. But the internet has opened up a whole new world of visual marketing and we need to realize the importance of utilizing all it has to offer.
Reading the facts below will help you conclude that visual marketing is a necessary part of your marketing campaign.
1. Emotions – We make purchases based on our emotions and visuals appeal to our emotions. Think about a picture of the American flag. What emotions does that bring out? How about a picture of a soldier returning home from war holding his baby? The actual image of this brings out much more emotion than if we read the text describing it. Marketers know this and use it to their advantage.
2. Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer)
3. Blog posts with a visual can attract up to 3x more traffic than a plain text post. (SEOmoz)
4. Having visuals on your website can increase your monthly unique visitors by 200% – 300%. (Attivio)
5. Branding – Would you be more likely to notice the golden arches or a sign that said MacDonald’s? I know for me and many others it would be the visual rather than the text. Visual branding is one of the most important aspects of visual marketing. What do you think of when you see an apple with a bite taken out of it? How about a red and yellow seashell or a curved checkmark? These images have programmed our brain to think of one thing and it works!
6. Pinterest is a social site which uses mainly images. With that in mind, according to comScore, Pinterest buyers spend more money, more often, and on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites. Studies also show that when it comes to revenue on a per click basis, Pinterest beats both Facebook and Twitter.
7. Articles with images get viewed 94% more times than plain text.
8. Social Media – Using photos and images on your social sites will dramatically increase interest in your posts and response to your posts.
9. By using images on your website, it is possible to more than double your conversion rate.
10. In effect, visual marketing will get you more traffic, boost your conversion rates and make your business more successful.
*Note: Always make sure you are using images legally. You cannot just copy and use any image you find on a website. Always check for license terms and usage specifics. Some terms only allow for non-commercial use and other such limitations.
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” I don’t know if the person who said this was referring to marketing but in the marketing world it is 100% accurate.
So, if you are not yet using visual marketing, get started now and “see” for yourself the difference it can make for your business and your success!
About the Author:
Don’t be one of the 95% of people who fail at their online business. Terri Seymour can help you make money online. Find out how to increase your traffic and sales with her popular “How to Build Your Online Business” ebook for FREE at: ==> http://www.SeymourProducts.com